Best Essential Oils for Female Stimulation
According to a recent study, it was reported that nearly one-third of women aged 18 to 59 suffer from a loss of interest in sex. This could be due to everyday stresses, low libido, relationship issues, and other mental, emotional, or physical factors.
There is no solution or cure-all pill that can merely resolve this, however, taking a holistic approach to heating things up in the bedroom might be a good start. In this article, you will find the essential oils that we recommend for female stimulation.
How We Recommend to Use Essential Oils in the Bedroom
Option one requires you to have an essential oil diffuser, for the aromatic benefits of essential oils. The sense of smell is unbelievably powerful and scent, just like sex, can be sensual. Research suggests several kinds of essential oils may have aphrodisiac properties when inhaled before or during intimacy. Research also suggests that women with a stronger sense of smell tend to have more orgasms during sex.
A great essential oil blend to diffuse would be the MOXĒ Love Essential Oil Blend. This intoxicating blend of rose, jasmine, sandalwood, bergamot, lemon, and lime is aromatically perfect to set the mood while stimulating and awakening the senses.
2. Topical Application
We absorb essential oils so readily through our skin. Once absorbed, the essential oils stay in the applied area and you can also smell delicious. For female stimulation, receiving a light massage from your partner will increase the blood flow to the area it is being applied to, which can increase arousal.
Physical touch is an aphrodisiac in itself, enhancing this with a diluted essential oil massage can further support sexual desire and sensuality.
We recommend using a reputable brand when purchasing a massage oil with added essential oils. You can also create your own massage oil by adding 1-2 drops of an essential oil blend to a carrier oil. Please note, we recommend you do a skin patch test before going all out to ensure there is no skin sensitivity.
3. Essential Oil Bath
Adding essential oils to your bathtub can be a nice change from your standard foreplay. We associate baths as a relaxing and calming experience, but adding essential oils can make this experience steamier for yourself or with a partner.
Another benefit to essential oil baths is decreased stress. Your sex life can be dictated by stress, which can prevent your ability to "get in the mood".
Lavender in your bath has been found to significantly decrease anxiety and stress, which could benefit your body and prepare you for a delightful and sensual sensation. Neroli is another recommendation because it has demonstrated its ability to help women balance hormones and reduce stress levels, while also increasing sexual desire.
Best Essential Oils for Female Stimulation
1. Rose: Add this to your pulse points, drop some in a warm bubble bath, or add some into your bedroom diffuser. The possibilities are endless! Rose is known to be an aphrodisiac, helps with blood flow, relieves anxiety, and it's said to enhance your libido.
2. Ylang Ylang: Recognized as one of the most powerful aphrodisiacs, ylang ylang increases libido and attraction between lovers. Evidence suggests it can improve mental health, and because mood is linked to sexual experience - this can be a go-to for the bedroom. Ylang ylang essential oil can also encourage a more sensual appetite and can even make one's sexual experience more erotic. These are some of the many reasons we chose to add it in our own MOXĒ Love Diffuser.
3. Clary Sage: Has been widely associated in decreasing PMS symptoms and in also increasing sexual confidence. Clary sage essential oil works by balancing the hormones and decreasing stress (she's a good one for those suffering with a low libido). This go-to essential oil helps us to "get in the mood" and increase natural lubrication. If you ever need to set the mood for sex, clary sage does the trick.
4. Sandalwood: One of the most potent natural aphrodisiacs in aromatherapy. Sandalwood's signature scent has been correlated to increasing libido and sexual response. Researchers have found that women who inhaled a sandalwood essential oil during sex or stimulation reported an increased mood and higher levels of desire than those who did not.
5. Jasmine: Jasmine has a distinct fragrance that is used in many perfumes, it has also been used for centuries in Indian wedding ceremonies by being added to the newlyweds' bedroom to help set the mood for romance. Simply inhaling the sweet aroma of jasmine essential oil or using it in an aromatherapy massage can promote increased pleasure.
To spice things up in the bedroom, try adding a few drops of jasmine into a carrier oil and apply a dab between your inner thighs (my go-to carrier is fractionated coconut oil). Wink wink, body heat will only enhance this aroma, so the key is to get moving!
Testing out new approaches in the bedroom can be something to get excited about! We believe trying out the essential oils we've recommended for female stimulation can optimize your sex life. For women struggling with female stimulation or just looking for something new to add to the bedroom - essential oils might be the holy grail you've always been looking for.