Smell Therapy Bundle
Get To Nose Your Sense Of Smell Again
Train Your Sense of Smell
The Smell Therapy Bundle, also known as a Smell Training Bundle, includes essential oil inhalers that are recommended by scientists & doctors to help you regenerate neural pathways in your nose for those experiencing smell loss (anosmia), reduced smell (hyposmia), or distorted smell (phantosmia).
The smell therapy theory refers to the four primary odor categories as the “odor prism.” Rose, eucalyptus, lemon and clove classify the four primary categories of the Odor Prism: floral, resinous, fruity, and spicy.
The four fragrances in Smell Therapy Kit Phase I help to regenerate damaged neural pathways in the nose after experiencing smell loss, reduced smell, or distorted smell.
We then recommend starting Phase II after approximately 12 weeks of diligent training with the Smell Therapy Kit Phase I.
By this point, you have begun to recognize some scents and are ready to take smell training to the next level by diversifying your sense of smell.
With the Smell Therapy Kit Phase II, your scent diversification training starts with four new 100% pure and therapeutic grade essential oil inhalers, including lavender, peppermint, grapefruit, and cinnamon oils.
Studies suggest changing the "training odors" used in smell therapy after 12 weeks of training and then continuing to use them for another 12 more may enhance success. Switching up these scents is thought to stimulate more and different olfactory receptors, which may help cement the odor categories in your brain and expand the scents you're able to recognize and differentiate between.
- Expand your sensory capabilities with 8 different essential oils
- Get a more diverse smell experience going from our original Smell Therapy Kit to the Smell Therapy Kit Phase II
- Recognize and differentiate between odors
- Train your sense of smell to get better at scent identification
- Create stronger smell connections to help remember, identify and recall smells better
Research shows that adapting training to incorporate similar aromas helps to cement the odor categories (fruity, floral, resinous and spicy) in your brain and expand the scents you’re able to recognize and differentiate between.
This scent diversification makes recognition easier and reinforces your smell system regeneration.
Where you may have once perceived rose as only vaguely floral, with phase II you’ll not only be able to recognize its scent category but also be able to name it as rose and differentiate it from lavender, another floral oil.
1. Find a relaxing and calm area where you can focus.
2. Twist open an inhaler of your choice and place near your nostrils. Inhale through your nose gently and freely for 20-30 seconds. While doing this, smell with intention and really do your best to concentrate on memories of your experience with that scent.
3. Diligence is key here! Rewiring neural connections in the brain is no small task! This will take time. Do this twice daily with all four inhalers for a minimum of 12-16 weeks.
4. Record your results in the Smell Log provided.
5. You should begin Phase II after approximately 3 months of diligent training with the Phase I Smell Therapy Kit by following these same steps.